Thursday, October 21, 2010

Prayer Requests

Hey guys! I just got an email from a friend at work with 2 prayer requests that she asked me to put on our prayer list. Please pray for these people!!

Jenny Wilson's husband, Roger Wilson: About a month ago he was diagnosed with Acoustic Neuroma. He has a cancerous tumor behind his ear and the only place familiar with this rare cancer is in California. They are trying to raise money for treatment & expenses.

I don't personally know Roger, but I used to work with Jenny. They are good Christian people. She was Jenny Gilbert I think before they married. I think they live in Cordova with boys in high school there.

Also, this is from Leigh Evans:
My aunt, Jan Price was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer yesterday. Her scheduled lumpectomy revealed involved lymph nodes and they removed 2 out of 3 of the lymph panels yesterday afternoon. She is my only aunt. My mother has one living relative - her brother Terry & this is his wife of almost 40 years. She and my mom were best friends in junior high and my mom "set up" her brother & friend. :) They have been together since. Aunt Jan's 60th birthday is next month. She is a warrior & a firm believer. Her attitude is one of "either He heals me here, or heals me when He takes me home... either way I win!" (her words!!) I am blown away by her faith and confidence in the Lord. But I am also a selfish neice and want her around for many years to come! I am asking for those who believe to PRAY!

Again, I don't personally know Jan, but Leigh is a good friend. I know that they all covet our prayers. Thanks so much!!

2 comments:

Alan said...

We went to church with both Jan and Roger at Westside. Praying.

Tracie said...

Very sorry to hear about both of these people. I will be praying now and going forward. Keep us updated if you hear more. Thanks