Monday, January 18, 2010

Marriage Retreat!

Hey Everyone!!
Ok, I am so tired of talking about a marriage retreat..... Let's start making some plans. I proposed a date of April16-18 to SS last week, but I quickly got a lot negative feedback on that so I am going to propose April 23-25. I know that I can't please everyone but I would like to at least make an effort. The plan was for it to be at Joe Wheeler state park. So I need to get a date so that we can get a place reserved.
Also I want to know what everyone wants from this. Personally, I think that it is good to step back and remember why you and your spouse made the commitment to each other. It is so hard at times to spend that valuable time with your spouse. Kids can be so demanding!! So I am excited about it. Also I know that Joseph and I are at that point in our marriage that we have become repetitive in what we do that we forget that we can have fun with each other!(No Lori, this is not what you are thinking:)) I want to also be able to grow spiritually with Joseph. So these are just my thoughts. Let me know what you all think. Thanks again.
Amy

9 comments:

John said...

Amy,

We are good with that. I agree with the subject, or something that deals with the biblical marriage.

Tiffaney said...

We would be able to come april 23- 25, You said it perfect, we sometimes forget the basics and just get into this routine..I am super excited!!!!let me know when you wanna go up there and check it out.

Elliott Crew said...

The 23-25 sounds good!!! I haven't heard anything about it lately so I wasn't sure if it was still on. Just keep me updated!! Thanks for what you are doing for ALL of us.

Amy said...

thanks for the input, that helps out a lot!

Audrey said...

Joe Wheeler is in my neck of the woods - I was there last in '06 for my class reunion if you have any ques

Tracie said...

Amy, it sounds great to me!! Thanks for all that you are doing to get it all together.

Katy said...

Have you decided on a speaker/facilitator?

Amy said...

the one I had in mind is falling through but I have a couple of other ideas, but if you have one please let me know Katy. Can we count you and Luke?

Katy said...

Not sure if we're going to make it....we want to, though! Our 5 year anniversary is May 14 and we want to go somewhere big to celebrate. I don't know if we can go out of town that close together.