Friday, July 10, 2009
Brandi's Mom
First of all, thank you all so much for the prayers. Mom's surgery went well. She is is CICU for the night. That is normal for this surgery. I saw her after surgery and then during the next set of visiting hours. She was still very groggy. If nothing happens through the night she should get to come home in the morning. I am home now. I will go back early in the morning to hopefully bring her home. Pray that she does well throughout the night. Also, the dr showed me the plaque he removed from the artery, which of course I asked to keep. It is unbelievable! He said she is smoking herself to death. We all know that smoking is bad, but seeing this will hopefully make it more clear to her. Please pray that she will try to quit smoking. He said if not her heart will be next. Thanks again, and I'll keep you updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is amazing that your Mother had that kind of critical surgery and is going to be able to come home tomorrow! Bless her heart!! I can only imagine how painful her recovery will be. Please tell her that we will be lifting her up in prayer during her recovery. Also, pls let me know if I can help w/ babysitting...or anything else for that matter...while you are continuing to take care of her. I will also pray for her to stop smoking.
I am so glad that prayers were answered & that she is doing so well.
Oh Brandi, I'm so glad they were able to get the surgery in yesterday and that she is recovering so well! I know surgery is never fun, but I also know that you've been trying to get her to the doctor to get her health under control for a long time and this must be a great relief also. I am praying for her quick recovery and that this will be a wake up call for her. Habits can be so hard to change. Love you!
Mom got to come home this morning. She is at home resting. I am cooking supper to take to them tonight. Thank you all so much for your prayers. I know that is why things have worked out so well. Continue to pray for her recovery and that she will be able to stop smoking.
I'm so glad everything worked out. I sill think it is such a blessing and miracle that you had ask for prayer for an opening in surgery if needed and as asked an opening appeared. I have definately seen recently how God is working for us and so evidently responding to our prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything.
Post a Comment