Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Prayer Request - Betty Odom
I ask that you all please pray for my Mom, Betty Odom. She was taken by ambulance yesterday to Walker Baptist and is still there with severe abdominal pain, etc. They have ran several tests and determined something from the CT scan, but as of 10:15 today, the doctor has not come to her room to give her any information. After the CT scan results, they did more blood work and other tests, but we still do not know anything yet. She has some other health problems as well that they are working on. She really needs our prayers!!! I will keep you all informed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that, Brianna! Please keep us all informed on how she is doing & what you find out. I am praying.
I am praying for your mom and we will pray for her tonight at our Women's group. Please call if you guys need anything.
We'll be praying for her. Keep us updated.
Let us know how things are going and if there is anything you need help with. Tell Betty she is in our prayers!
Just a little update.....Mom has been moved to Brookwood Medical Center. She is still having lots of pain. There is still no "definite" diagnosis. Hopefully BMC will find out what is going on. Thanks so much for your prayers! Love you all!
Brianna, I love you and your precious mom. I am praying for her, you, Charles, and the rest of you. Keep smiling...Love ya!
Just got back from Brookwood seeing Mom....not much news today....just 2 more CT scans and endoscopy today....tomorrow will be a PET scan, a HIDA scan of gallbladder, and a thyroid scan. Please continue to pray for her. We should start hearing some results/diagnosis tomorrow. Most of her abdominal pain is gone and white count is normal....praise God! Her stomach is very swollen though...unsure why. Love you all....I'll keep you posted!
Another update on Mom....she came home last Friday, but still felt bad. She was taken back to Brookwood emergency on Monday and readmitted. Same symptoms. They have only performed 2 tests this week in addition to bloodwork and cultures. Still no diagnosis. They want to do another test to check for blocked arteries on the back of the stomach, and still want to do the PET scan (never did this last week). Just pray that whatever is causes the pain, vomiting, and infection (WBC is still high, the nurse that told me last week that it was normal was incorrect) will just go away.....even if we never know what is causing it. I have not seen her this week....we have had a stomach virus since Saturday....Gracie first, then me, now Trent. I'm so afraid to be around her that she may get what we have.....it seems to be very contagious. I just want to thank you all for the prayers....just please continue to pray for her to be healed.
Post a Comment