Hey Everybody,
I have gone back to working on Wednesday in addition to Monday and Friday - Wyatt is at Mommies Day Out and then Reggie picks him up and he sleeps at the store until I get off so it will work out well. Unfortunately, I am going to have to drop Meals on Wheels and I wanted to make sure you guys knew about the volunteer opportunity before I call and tell the coordinator I have to drop out. The Curry route always stays a little short handed on volunteers and she picks up a lot of slack so I am dreading calling, and I know Tiffaney just had to stop for school in August. Plus the coordinator has health problems!
I am usually scheduled about every six weeks for a whole week - I pick up the food at 11:00 at a building right off 9th Avenue in downtown Jasper - there are only four stops on the route, one right off Airport Rd and three off Arkadelphia Rd. The route has never taken over 1 1/2 hours (when we had five stops and I took time to get prayer requests and talk a little to each person) and if I am in a hurry it can be done in 30-45 minutes. In other words it is so simple. Wyatt is always with me - if I'm in a hurry I leave him in the car with his DVD player and when I can I take him in with me to most of the stops - you can imagine how it makes their day when they don't get to leave their house often to see a little one (you have to be unable to drive to get MOW).
If anyone is interested please let me know so I can tell poor Sylvia when I quit that I have a replacement! Or, if we wanted to split it up, we could take the week as a class and do different days - I can still do Tuesdays and Thursdays and Tiffaney had mentioned she could do Fridays sometimes. I could take anyone new around the first time on the route too
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Audrey, I will still be able to help out when needed, just not on a scheduled basis.
Can you still do the ones on the schedule we've already been assigned to?
I had planned on delivering Wednesday and Thursday of this coming week. Wasn't sure when the next one was, but I was planning on it.
Post a Comment