Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New Blog Features

Okay--
I finally figured out how to put a "Most Recent Comments" section in the sidebar so we can see comments that have been posted even if it is on an old post. I have set it to allow 5 comments at a time; if you think we need to be able to see more, let me know and I'll change it. Just click on the person's name that made the comment and it will let you look at that post and all the comments made. Pretty neat.

The reason I haven't been able to do is because our blog has been set to "private". If your blog is "private", it won't allow a comments feed. As of today, I set it as a public blog. Technically, this means that anyone can look at it, but I don't think that would happen. Plus, we haven't been posting any really private info on here. If you think I need to change it back to private and forgo the comment feed, let me know.

Anybody follow this? Am I talking jibberish?

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I guess we can just play it by ear and if we don't have any lurker type problems it will be fine. I am leery about putting anything too personal on here anyway even when it was set to private so as long as everyone knows to take precautions...
So, listen everyone, I know it might be difficult but please refrain from giving me your SS# on here or the combination and contents of your firesafe at home. Thanks!

Alan said...

Very helpful to be able to see latest comments. Audrey my s.s. # is 123456789!