Since it seems that the trunk or treat sometimes gets pushed to the back burner (or ends up being WAY more work than it should be), I went by today and bought some supplies at Hobby Lobby. My idea is to put something together that we can use/add to year after year. That being said, the two ideas are 1. Rock out with Jesus! (or some variation of that) and 2. We're wild about Jesus!
For the Rock out with Jesus idea, I've bought a bunch of metallic silver and metallic purple stars and black foam board. What should the sign say??? Jesus is my rock star? Rock out with Jesus? Any other ideas? We had also talked about giving out pop rocks--maybe we could attach one of the verses in Psalms that talks about He is my Rock. Any ideas would be great!
For the We're wild about Jesus idea, I bought a big canvas with an elephant, monkey, and lion with the faces cut out so that the kids could get their pic made if they wanted to. I figured lots of moms and dads would have their camera. Maybe we could give out animal crackers like last year? Any ideas about verses we could use? Does anyone have an animal print stuff that we could use?
Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated! I am trying to make this as easy and stress-free as possible!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I like em both. The Rock out with Jesus is a really good idea. One suggestion for the sign would be "Jesus rocks". I also like the 2 you had. Good job Katy!
thanks so much Katy. Are class is really great. It is not just one person that does all the projects! Thanks so much for the work you have put into this. I like to pop rock idea. Let me know if you need me to do the verse part! Both themes are great! Thanks again!
Love both ideas!! Our school theme for decorations was safari stuff last year, so I should be able to come up with some decorations......I'll beg and steal if I have to (JK!!). I'll bring the stuff Sunday morning.
I love the "Jesus Rocks" idea!! Let me know what I can do. I can also pick up anything that we might need. Thanks for heading this up.
Thanks for being taking the initiative to work on this, I don't know when you've found the time!!! Sound great.
Post a Comment