Here is an email I got tonight. Thought you'd like to see how God is working. Keep Praying!!!
There are some bright spots.... she is still on the vent, however, she is initiating the breathing herself. They do not want to take her off right now. Her blood is not fighting itself and "good blood" is starting to get to major organs. The kidneys are still not acting well. However, they need blood to function properly. They are getting the blood supply they need and the Dr. is hopeful that it will help them to start functioning. She is still on continuous dialysis.
Her blood pressure is holding on its own with out medication.
They are still sedating her but would like to start dropping that off so they can check her mental status. When she wakes up, she has been able to communicate with them by "writing a letter" with her finger on Wayne's hand, he then has to figure out what she is trying to say. They want to do a brain scan to check waves, however, she is still too critical to move even to x-ray.
They did remove the packing today and she did not start hemorrhaging as they feared. That is good news. She is not losing any blood at this time.
The Dr. is amazed that she made it through yesterday and says that she still has an up hill battle, and to keep in mind that she is still very sick and very critical.
I believe this was from Ann Jackson....the principal at Park.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Today at work I overheard a nurse that goes to church with her saying that when she was communicating the first thing she wrote was "I've been in heaven!!" Has anyone else heard that? I've heard that it really doesn't look good right now.
I got an email today from the JCS principals. She is still on the vent,but her body is no longer rejecting her blood. She isn't strong enough for an EEG to test brainwaves, but the dr don't seem to think there's damage b/c she can follow directions. She is still in renal failure and on complete dialysis. The schools are taking up money and collecting items for the baby. Would our class want to contribute?? I think Katie Oliver is going to take stuff on Friday.
I think they are taking up formula for the baby. I think it would be a great idea for us to get involved.
I vote that we should pitch in on this, too. But for the Grace of God~it could be any one of us, especially since she already had children previous to this delivery! I am praying for her and her family.
I just read an email from about 9:30 last night, and Sharon is awake! They don't want her to talk b/c she is so weak, but she is trying to mouth one word at a time. She was asking about the baby, and they said she tears up when her husband and family leave. She is off the vent, but has an oxygen mask. Keep praying!!
I am in school with sharons niece and she said the city school principals are providing formula, diapers and wipes until Sharon gets out of the hospital, I asked her what we could do, she said she would talk to the family and get back with me!
Post a Comment