Thursday, April 2, 2009

Praise Report!!

Hi! I was checking our e-mails and was so excited to see an invitation from Alan to join the blog. I really enjoyed visiting your class this past Sunday. We have been at Mt. Vernon for a little over a year. We are still seeking God's direction in where we need to serve. I have gotten very close to Tracie over the past few months. Who couldn't get close to her? The Lord has really put your class on my heart. We are not from the Curry area and we still don't know a lot of the faces we see each week. We just want to be where God wants us! We feel the need in our lives to establish new relationships and find a class where we can best serve our awesome and mighty God! Please help us pray for God's guidance and our willingness to follow where he leads!

I especially want to thank all of you that have prayed on our behalf the last few days. Monday was a very scary time for our family. I called Tracie and she told me she was going to post a prayer request on your blog. When we woke up Tuesday morning, we both had such a calming and peaceful feeling. As the day went on, things just kept getting better! Alex responded to the very first antibiotic the doctor tried. I know that wasn't by chance or luck. I KNOW it was because of prayer from you guys and the grace of the God we serve! He is so faithful to hear our cries in our troubled times!

We are so thankful to be back home with our children. We continue to need your prayers. Alex will now have to take antibiotics orally to continue his treatment. There is still a possibility of surgery in the future, but if it is necessary the doctor says it will not be as serious and complicated as before! We are so thankful for that.

Once again I ask you to please help us pray that God will plant us in the right Sunday School class at Mt. Vernon! We just want to be where we can serve and form lasting Christian friendships. We are not perfect people. But, we do love the Lord and we want to be in accordance with His word and will for our lives! Thank you again for the prayers. We will never forget it!

Sincerely,
Valerie

2 comments:

Audrey said...

It was great to have you with us and you're welcome anytime! I am so glad your husband has rebounded so quickly! I will certainly pray as you seek to find your "fit" here because that's the most important thing whether you settle in with or class or another! I'm not from this area either, so you aren't alone in not knowing everyone - that's what makes a small group like Sunday School so nice - to still start finding that intimacy. Our class is close but many couples have only been with us a year or less - I like to think we just do a good job fostering a family environment, regardless of the actual time you've been with us so it's hard to tell who is new and who isn't :)

Ericalyn said...

I'm so glad Alex is doing better and our family will continue to pray for yours. I was so excited to see you in class last Sunday. I hope you enjoyed it and we would love for both of you to be able to visit. Our class really gets along well together and we have such a great support system. We feel truely blessed ot be apart of such a wonderful church family!