Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Prayer Request

Annelise fell Monday afternoon while playing in the backyard. I took her to urgent care, where we received phenomenal treatment! They were so kid friendly. Sure enough, it's fractured and we're in a cast. Dr. Lovely said it's amazing how God makes their bones so spongy at this age. It just looks like she has a little dent in her forearm bone. He also said it's the best kind to have if you have to have one and it will heal nicely. She is such a little trooper and is doing wonderfully. I just feel so sorry for her because it is so heavy and she will sometimes hold it and says the cast bothers her arm. Bath time is a real joy as well. Please pray that we will be able to tolerate it for 4-6 six weeks and that I will be able to let go of the guilt I have for not being able to prevent it. I've been saying for weeks to dare devil Jaxon that he's going to be in a cast and out of the pool for some of his stunts and I guess it rubbed off on poor Annelise. The pool is almost ready which is now also disheartening because I don't foresee us being able to get into it before the next months out. Please pray it will heal properly and she won't suffer any long term effects. Thanks! I feel better just knowing that we have others to share our burdens with no matter how big or small.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Ericalyn, I hate to hear that! Pour Annelise has been thru so much: 1st her ears and now this!:(
Thanks for sharing this w/ us & let us know if you need us to help out in ANY WAY!! We are praying for all of you thru this!

Jeana and Brandon Lively said...

Hey, this is not small. This will disrupt her little world and I hate to hear it, but she will get threw it because kids are tougher than we give them credit for. And try not to feel too bad we're moms not superwomen, although sometimes we feel we need to be.