I wanted to get the ball rolling on setting up care groups as our class continues to grow. That should help preserve our intimacy even as we grow and still have the numbers to take on even more service opportunities, etc. If I start trying to put it together can a few of you look at it and see if I have the groups balanced well? (Couples that have been her a while with new members/visitors/prospects) Also to help me make sure everyone is assigned to be checked on, including couples "in service" during SS hour and the care group leaders themselves. I know I would feel better that everyone was being checked on and covered if I had, say two couples I was assigned to and I knew everyone else had two couples to check on themselves - then we wouldn't get busy or preoccupied and drop the ball somewhere. Also the care groups are useful for a "phone call chain" when a couple needs something and no one is sure who is going to initiate heading up. For example, when Reggie's Dad passed away, Ira and Lori notified the rest of the class and started arrangements for flowers and who would come to visitation, etc.
While I do this, would someone take over coordinating "social" activities - it pretty much runs itself anyway - I do know we need to have a diaper pounding soon for the Cook's if we can figure out where to squeeze it in around Easter and Baby Andrew coming early! Most of you are waaaay better at this than me anyway!!!
Second - if anyone get to class early Sunday and wants to play with seating please do - I worry that newer couples and shyer couples might feel really uncomfortable coming in late and struggling to find a seat. There aren't many options, but Lori and I did talk about whether pushing the long tables together to close in that middle of the circle might free enough room to run a row of chairs along the side wall that doesn't have the food table and just let those end tables stick out a little on each end on the shorter walls? I don't care anything about sitting at the table so I for one could start sitting on a back row of chairs and everyone that really likes having the table can stay there or only move if a visitor comes in? I'm terrible at spacial stuff so that's the only idea I have, feel free to suggest your own!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Absolutely great ideas, Audrey. The "care groups" sound like a wonderful way to make sure every person is nurtured. It would also make sure we are organized in reaching out to visitors, which is so important...our "outreach".
Alan agrees with you & appreciates all of your effort. Regarding the
"social activities": maybe this Sunday, we could open it up to volunteers (or "volunteer" someone like we all did you!) :)
Also, great idea regarding the seating. Maybe Alan & I can run by the classroom sometime over the weekend & organize the chairs like you have described. We definitely need some "wall stretchers" to make room for our growth. Bro John is even concerned about our seating. He has approached Alan to say that he knows how critical our class is in the growth of the entire church. Everyone is trying to determine a solution to our seating, but the options are so limited. God is just truly blessing our class!
Thanks again Audrey for all of your efforts!! :)
We did the Cooks diaper pounding at the social the other night. I love the idea of care groups. I'm up for whatever.....just let me know how I can help or what I need to do.
I love the idea. Organization helps keep me on track. I don't mind to help organize social events. Just let me know which direction you are wanting me to go with it. I will also try to help with the seating Sun. morning if we get there on time. You know we are always running late but the kids are staying with grandparents Sat. night after we see Walking with Dinosaurs so we might be on time. Ha, ha. The tables have been bugging me for a while. We brought things for the Cooks last Sat. didn't we? The Elliots will need to be our next one. I don't mind to do a social in May for the pounding. Our pool should be open and warm enough by then. We purchased a solar product that should help it heat sooner. Yea!
Duh, you're right, we did their pounding already, I brought my gift then, for goodness sakes. So yeah, the Elliott's will be next...
Post a Comment