Thursday, June 4, 2009

Prayer Request

I would like to ask you all to lift up the family of Megan Brittain, 12 years old. She passed away this week after a battle w/ cancer. She was diagnosed w/ cancer only 6 months after her mother, Sharon Easterwood Brittain, died from breast cancer.

Some of you may know Sharon's brother, Barry Easterwood, a teacher @ Jasper Middle School. Megan's father, Gary, is the Campus Ministries Director @ Jacksonville State University & she had 2 brothers.

I can't imagine what this family is going through right now. I just wanted to ask you all to help me pray for them and for the days and weeks ahead.

2 comments:

Ericalyn said...

I read the write up in the paper. It was very nice and hopefully will bring awareness to the importance of supporting cancer research. We will remember their family in prayer.

Unknown said...

Gary (Megan's dad) was our campus minister when Chad and I were at JSU. They are an awesome family. There is a Caring bridge site if anyone is interested. I'm not sure of the exact address, but you can go to caringbridge.org and search for Megan Brittain. The postings are very touching......get out your tissues!