Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Prayer request

I mentioned Sunday that I have to go to a hearing about the carbon monoxide issue at work. I spoke with my lawyer yesterday and found out that I will need to actually speak to the board at this hearing. I will present my case and tell why I think they should compensate me. I am not at all excited about this. I was not aware that this was how this would go. It isn't a lawsuit (because you can't sue the state boe) but a claim filed for the Board of Adjustments. There is no judge or anything, and the lawyer says it is very informal. It will still be very hard. It will be hard not to be emotional. Please pray with me that God will give me the words to say. At this point I don't even care about the money anymore. All the money in the world couldn't make up for what I went through and the time I lost with my family. I just really need some closure, and I hope that this helps a little. The hearing is in Montgomery on July 8th. I then have to take my mom to Princeton on July 9th for an arteriogram. She has blockage in her carotid artery in her neck. This blockage carries a big risk for stroke. She is terrified, as am I. Please keep her in your prayers as well. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support! I look forward to updating with praise reports on both situations!

4 comments:

Tracie said...

Brandi, I will definitely make this a point of prayer for you. With all that you have been through, you HAVE to feel empowered. You will have the truth & what is morally right on your side. I am praying that all goes well for you. Love you. :)

Amy said...

Just remember that the way this was handled was not right. They need to realize they can't hide things. It is very dangerous!! We will be thinking about you. Don't stress too much this was not your fault. Hope everything goes well with your mom.

Ericalyn said...

I will definately be thinking and praying for you! Maybe you should be emotional and share just a little with them what you went through and how it affected your family. Those making the decision need to be impacted by the emotional side as well as what God had done to heal you. You are such a strong woman and we are thankful to be friends with you.

Audrey said...

I will be praying for you - in my opinion (whatever that's worth!), I would focus on centering myself in God, in His will, His motives, His perspective, etc, clearing away all the other earthly thoughts and fears, etc. Then once your perspective and motives are pure and you are full of His comfort, love, confidence, I would just collect my thoughts of any main points I wanted to get across and trust that God will give you the words at the right time:

12"But before all this, they will lay hands on you and persecute you. They will deliver you to synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name. 13This will result in your being witnesses to them. 14But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. 15For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict."
Luke 21:12-15

Love you!