Hey everybody, I forgot to write some prayer request down Sunday. Last Saturday I had a patient that had just been diagnosed with lung cancer. He's 75 and his wife just died 2 years ago with cancer. He was such a blessing to me that day and he asked me if I would pray for him, I told him I would and he asked me to put him on my prayer list at church. He is really confused right now about how aggressive he wants to be about the cancer.
Also there is a girl that I work with that claims to be an athiest. I've been praying for her and watching her and every once in awhile she will say something like, "Jesus help me" or something like that, I figure he is trying to soften her heart and needs some extra prayer. Don't really want to put her name on here, but I'm sure God knows who we are praying for! Hope everybody has a great week and thanks!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Lacey it sounds like God has you in a place where he is using you to touch others. Keep up the good work and we'll be praying for both of these folks and for you too.
Alan
I was just thinking that, how great you are placed where you are. Anytime you have something like that come up at work I would love for you to let me know so I can be a part of it too (praying, checking in on the patient)! I mean it's not like your busy or anything ;) Even just call me or tube me a note - I don't get as much face time with patients as I'd like these days :(
I will pray for both of these people. I understand the situation with the one that claims to be an athiest.......I have a coworker that claims that as well....or something like that. I have been praying for 3 years now. God has given me many opportunities to share. Don't give up!! Look for ways to show God and His love, not just tell about it. I am learning that is much more meaningful. I am so glad you are allowing God to use you in such an awesome way. You come in contact with so many people....what a mission field!! Love ya girl! I'll be praying for you too!
I am so proud of you and your witness. How cool to be able to have this opportunity. I will add you and these special request to my daily prayer.
Thanks for the encouragement everybody and advice, I really appreciate and needed it!
Post a Comment