Sunday, August 30, 2009

discussions from class

Don't forget we need to know where everyone would like to donate proceeds from our yard sale as soon as possible so that we can begin having it put in the bulletin. Do you want to split between our new childcare center and pregnancy resource center, pick one or the other, or does anyone have another cause that they would like to suggest?

Also, Ira talked about doing a meal again for Christmas sometime in early December. What would you like to eat, are there any times in early December that are not good dates, etc....?

3 comments:

christine said...

I know the HIPPY program is grant funded and they are out of grants and are having to limit their program and may have to do away with it. To brief you, the HIPPY program is Home Instruction Parenting Program for Youngsters,it is a homeschool program that helps the parents of the children that do not get accepted into headstart provide home instructions to prepare them with everything they need to be ready for kindergarten. Teachers come to the homes and deliver packets and supplies to the parents so the parents can teach the child over the course of one week and they visit the next week to pick up the finished work and leave new work. I participated in this program for three years with my kids and it was a great help! I know this program has good results and many will be sad if it disappears. I have been trying to contact the coordinator to see if and how we can help. ~ Thanks, Christine

Tiffaney said...

I participated in the HIPPY program also and it was a very good program!!I actually thought about doing it with Garrett, I think this is a great idea!!

christine said...

I spoke with Wanda Sparks today. She is the coordinator for the HIPPY Program and she said it will be such a blessing to have any amount of money donated to the program. The program is definately in dire need of funding.There are absolutely no grants available for them. Let me know whatcha think.