Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Devastating News: Please Pray

I just received news a little while ago that a close friend's husband intentionally shot and killed himself this morning. Jody Wakefield was battling depression and I believe his wife Melinda found out that he was using drugs. He was a nurse at UAB so this is very shocking. They have two children 7 and 2. We spent some time together this summer taking the kids on outings. I grew up with Melinda and went to graduate school with her. They were suppose to come over this weekend. This is just all so unbelievable. I am so confused over this. My heart hurts for her and I can't seem to quit agonizing over it. I haven't been able to get in touch with Melinda. I've only spoken with her cousin who lives beside them. Fortunately she had taken the kids and was not at home when this occured. She will now be facing some very difficult decisions. I'm not sure if she will be able to go back to there house. This is such a hard time to go through something like this, not that any time is good. I just keep thinking about their youngest and my youngest and trying to explain something like this to them. I know he loved his kids and loved spending time with them. This is such a tragedy. Please pray for the whole family. Melinda teaches at Lupton. Many of you may know her mom Gloria Wilson who use to have an income tax service. Only God can understand the reasoning behind this and bring comfort and peace to this family. Please lift them up in your prayers.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Heartbreaking. I am praying for this entire family and for you all too Ericalyn. I am so sorry.