As most of you know, June King, who does the snack shack at Upward games had a grandson die in Iraq..Sean McCune. She will not be able to be there this Saturday so we are trying to round up a little help for the kitchen. You would be selling the food, taking money, helping in whatever Joan Sanders needed done. My prayer would be that some of you would want to help, like it, and maybe take it up next year. June had said last year was her last year, but agreed to take it back on this year. She and I talked and she said she had hoped some of the younger people would want to take it over next year and she would help out with getting whoever started. Please think about it and let me know when you might be able to work for a while....I was not talking all day...just a few hours whenever you could. I promise you will get a blessing out of it.
It is picture day and we are normally pretty busy in there....plus the food is real cheap! but good.
As of tonight, Sean got into Dover Delaware on Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. was to have a full autopsy and would be released to his family when they were finished. An officer had called and told his mom they still could not tell her how he died or what had happened. Please pray for them..their wait...their strength..their hurts. Praise the Lord for all your blessings....He is so good.
I love your precious group and I thank you for allowing me to be a part.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like a great chance to help and get a blessing if any of you have a little time on Saturday. I will be working at the beach again saturday.
Alan....working at the beach? ha ha ha...no I really know you do work down there.. I am just giving you a hard time.....But for everyone else....we still need help!
I would love to help but the next 7 weeks I have clinicals at UAB from 7-3. If you need someone after around 4:30 on sat I will do what I can.
I also would love to help but Luke's birthday was this past Wednesday. He wanted us to go on a date day on Saturday--we rarely get away so I'm taking him up on it! :)
Mrs. Mary give me a call and let me know what time to be there in the morning. 435-0668. If I don't hear from you I will call you a little later,
Post a Comment