Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Prayer Request

I knew this was probably the fastest way to receive prayer. I've had my stepgrandmother on the prayer request list for several weeks now. She was just admitted to ICU at Walker with pnemonia and a high heart rate which is causing breathing problems and swelling. Many of you have seen her at our children's birthday parties. She has always been very petite but has become very frail in her recent illnesses. She went to the Dr. on Mon. to have a lump evaluated in her breast. They found one under her arm and many knotty places in both breast. They want to do a biopsy on the 13th of Feb. They are concerned that she will not be strong enough to undergo any procedures. Now that she has been hospitalized we are worried that she will never regain her strength. She is such a strong woman and has been though so much. She has already had 1/2 her lung and tongue removed due to cancer (She has never smoked)! My stepfather had never been married before or had children. She has been in my life since I was around 8 or 9. She is just as close to me as my other grandmother and very involved in Jaxon and Annelise's life. She has said many times that they are all she lives for since her husband passed. Please keep her in your prayers and pray that she can rest peacefully as she tries to regain her strenghth. She has been in a lot of discomfort and very scared. Annelise has also been very sick. I just got back to school from the 2nd dr. visit of the week. We think it is some type of virus or the first out break of the herpes virus that causes cold sores. She is running a high fever, very lathargic, and has sores all in her mouth and on the outside on her chin. This is causing her to not want to eat or drink. Dr. Dabbs said many this age with this problem are often hospitalized because of dehydration. She will be out of school all week. Tim and I are trying to take turns since he has like 40 something sick days but she really just wants mom who only has like 8. I really want to be at home with her as well. Sorry this is so long! It's just going to be one of those weeks and we really need prayer. We has so much to be thankful for!! We are so very blessed. I know this is just one of those times I need to let God take control and quit worrying. Thank you all. I know just by posting this the support and prayer we will receive. That means so much and makes me feel better already. If anyone reads this before tonight, Kaye will need help tonight with music since I can't be there. We work with the 3-5's if anyone can help. Thanks!

4 comments:

Tiffaney said...

We will be praying, if you need to send Jaxon over for a few hours that would be okay, I am out of school til next wed. Let me know if I can help with anything!

Audrey said...

I've already prayed for you guys and will continue to do so - I'll check in on your grandmother when I go in to work tomorrow.

Katy said...

I just said a prayer for you--Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Unknown said...

I just prayed for you guys and will continue to do so. I know how hard it is to have sick babies, and it is harder when you can't be there with them. Please call if we can do anything.