Monday, January 19, 2009

Urgent Prayer Request

We just revceived some very grave news. My step-grandmother, Willodean Roberts was just told she has cancer just about every where in her body. Dr. Shula knew about it on Friday but wanted her to have a good weekend. He was very kind and sat with her this morning and cried as he gave her the news. She is too weak and there is too much cancer to provide any treatment that would benefit her. She has it in both breasts, lungs, liver, hip bone, and leg. She is being released from the hospital today with hospice. She and my step-dad are handling this information considerable well. She sat this morning and discussed options for her funeral. She said she wanted to wear the dress she wore at our wedding. Please pray for our family during this process. We specifically need prayer that she will be in as much peace as possible. Also please pray that we find the right words to explain to our children. This is really the only great-grandmother they have ever known. They don't get to see my other grandmother very often. Jaxon especially is so close to her and this will be the first family member that he has had to experience go through a serious illness. I don't mean to sound like I have already given up, I know the Lord can work miracles everyday. Since the doctors don't plan to treat this, we are at his mercy. Please just pray for us!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Ericalynn, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Of course you will be in our prayers and let us know if there is anything we can do for you or your family.

Unknown said...

Praying for you! Let us know if we can do anything.

Jeannie and Greg Sandlin said...

We will be praying for yall! Please give me a call if you need anything or if you need someone to watch the kids. We love yall and will be thinking about you.

Audrey said...

She is such as sweet lady, I'm so sorry - I pray that she will be comfortable and at peace whatever God's will is - I'll pray for your family also.

Tracie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. That is so heartbreaking. I will be praying for you and your entire family. There are tough days ahead.