Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Urgent Prayer Request

Hey guys, Reggie just called me from work and told me that his stepdad, Chuck Hockenberry has colon cancer - he had an unplanned colonoscopy today when lab work showed he was losing blood somewhere and when inside they found a large mass they felt sure was cancerous just by looking at it. He will have surgery to remove it soon - the end of this week or the first of next week. Dr. Mosley said it is not a "definite death sentence" but that it "needs to be dealt with quickly." Chuck is in his early 80's so any surgery is not minor in my opinion. Reggie asked me to post this so thanks for the prayers....His father passed away about 5 years ago and Chuck has been his stepdad since he was in jr high and is his business partner so this means alot.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I have already prayed for him.

Alan said...

We will be praying for Chuck and also for Reggie and the rest of your family.

Amy said...

audrey and Reggie we will be praying for you both Let us know if we can do anything!

Tracie said...

I am so sorry to hear about Mr Hockenberry. I am praying that everything goes okay for him and praying for your entire family through this. Please keep us informed. I love you guys~Tracie